The National Naturopathic Accreditation standards have been reviewed and finalised. This is the most comprehensive review on the naturopathic education landscape to date in Australia.
An independent review of the current Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards commenced on 01 September 2020 and was finalised in May 2021.
The review process had 3 stages.
- Stakeholder consultation: September 2020 – December 2020. Comprising of Government, Industry and Educational feedback
- Public consultation: (December 2020 – early February 2021) and Stakeholder Forum: January 2021.
- Final feedback round (February 2021)
The report is now finalised and can be found here: Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards 2021 (PDF)
Thank you so much to all our stakeholders for your valued contribution to this important work.
(all documents related to the Accreditation standards can be found on our Course accreditation page)
Information on the stage 2 & 3 processes are below.
In December 2020, ARONAH formally invited all interested members of the community to give feedback on the below questions as part of the public consultation process, to be submitted by 5th February 2021.
Public consultation questions for stage 2 has now closed, however the questions asked are below:
1. On review of the current Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards, what amendments, inclusions or exclusions do you recommend be made for the revised standards? Please specify the standard and your recommendation/s in your response (For example – Standard 5, Recommendation…).
2. To ensure that the curriculum content comprehensively addresses developments in the field of naturopathy and client population needs, what specific content should be included in naturopathic education programs? (Refer to Standard 5, 5.7, 5.8, and 5.9). Please include recommendations for content that is not included in the current Accreditation Standards and/or content that you consider is no longer relevant to naturopathic education in Australia.
3. Is there any additional information or recommendations you would like to provide in relation to future Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards and criteria to meet the needs of the naturopathic profession in Australia with consideration to the evolving practice and education landscape?
Public consultation questions for stage 3 has now closed, however the questions asked are below:
- Do you have any recommendations for amendments to the final Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards?
- Are there any education standards not yet considered that should be included?
- Are there any pertinent critical omissions in the final Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards that should be included?