Nominations are currently being sought for practitioner members of the National Board of the Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists (ARONAH).Â Positions currently up for selection are:
Practitioner members (x1), representing:
- SMALLER JURISDICTIONS (Australian Capital Territory, Northern Territory or Tasmania) (1 position vacant)
Applications are currently being compiled and will be formally handed to the Selection Committee (comprising non-practitioner members of the Evidence, Research and Policy inÂ Complementary Medicine Special Interest Group of the Public Health Association of Australia).
Nomination and Selection Criteria
Information on the role and eligibility requirements for Board positions maybe found in the Board Selection Criteria document.
Nomination and Expression of Interest Forms
You may either nominate another person or nominate yourself for a position on the Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists Board. Please fill out the appropriate form (available below in .doc format). Be sure to read the Selection Criteria before finalising your application.
An application should consist of the completed appropriate form (below), a CV and a statement of claims.
- If you would like to nominate someone other than yourself who is a naturopath or Western herbalist for a Practitioner Board position, please use Form_1_Practitioner_Member_Nomination
- If you are a naturopath or Western herbalist and would like to nominate yourself for a Practitioner Board position, please useÂ Form_3_Practitioner_Member_Expression_of_Interest
- If you are not a naturopath or Western herbalist and would like to nominate yourself for a position on the board as a community member, please use Form_4_Community_Member_Expression_of_Interest
- If you would like to nominate someone other than yourself who is not a naturopath or Western herbalist for a position on the board as a community member, please use Form_2_Community_Member_Nomination
PLEASE NOTE – these are Word document forms, and you may be prompted to save them before they open.
Other health professions in Australia are currently undergoing a national registration process, details of which can be found at the National Health Workforce Taskforce website. Naturopaths and herbalists are not part of this process despite a strong recommendation by the seminal review on the issue initiated by the Victorian government (Lin et al 2005). ARONAH mirrors the national regulation body AHPRA and gives the public a similar level of protection regarding professional standards of practitioners and complaint handling processes.
Should statutory regulation of naturopaths and Western herbalists be enacted it is expected the ARONAH register will be subsumed by this body.
Please send hard copy applications to:
Australian Register of of Naturopaths and Herbalists
PO Box 519
Paddington QLD 4064
Or please email completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be involved but don’t want to be a board member?
ARONAH is also seeking ongoing expressions of interest for involvement in the Marketing and Communications Team. If you have a background in Marketing, Communications or IT, ARONAH would appreciate your expertise. Please send an email along with your CV to email@example.com.