ARONAH commenced an independent review of the current Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards on 01 September 2020. This is the most comprehensive review on the naturopathic education landscape to date in Australia.
The review process has 3 stages.
- Stakeholder consultation: September 2020 – December 2020. Comprising of Government, Industry and Educational feedback
- Public consultation: (December 2020 – early February 2021) and Stakeholder Forum: January 2021.
- Final feedback round (to be concluded February 2021)
The report will be finalised in the first quarter of 2021.
We are now in stage 3 of the review process – final feedback.
We invite all interested members of the community to give feedback in context of the draft Naturopathic Education Accreditation standards by answering the below questions. Please note: the Naturopathic education accreditation standards have gone through an extensive consultation and benchmarking process, and any substantial changes will require strong justification and supporting evidence.
The draft education standards can be found here: Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards (PDF 1.5MB)
There are also Guidelines for Postgraduate Naturopathic Programs for comment as well.
Public consultation questions for stage 3:
- Do you have any recommendations for amendments to the final Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards?
- Are there any education standards not yet considered that should be included?
- Are there any pertinent critical omissions in the final Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards that should be included?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please submit your answers along with your evidence for the changes, to info @ ARONAH.org by COB Friday 19th February 2021
Thank you so much for your valued contribution to this important work.
Information on the stage 2 process is below.
In December 2020, ARONAH formally invited all interested members of the community to give feedback on the below questions as part of the public consultation process, to be submitted by 5th February 2021.
The current ARONAH naturopathy education standards can be found here: ARONAH education standards
Public consultation questions for stage 2 has now closed, however the questions asked are below:
1. On review of the current Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards, what amendments, inclusions or exclusions do you recommend be made for the revised standards? Please specify the standard and your recommendation/s in your response (For example – Standard 5, Recommendation…).
2. To ensure that the curriculum content comprehensively addresses developments in the field of naturopathy and client population needs, what specific content should be included in naturopathic education programs? (Refer to Standard 5, 5.7, 5.8, and 5.9). Please include recommendations for content that is not included in the current Accreditation Standards and/or content that you consider is no longer relevant to naturopathic education in Australia.
3. Is there any additional information or recommendations you would like to provide in relation to future Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards and criteria to meet the needs of the naturopathic profession in Australia with consideration to the evolving practice and education landscape?