ARONAH commenced an independent review of the current Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards on 01 September 2020. This is the most comprehensive review on the naturopathic education landscape to date in Australia.
The review process has 3 stages.
- Stakeholder consultation: September 2020 – December 2020. Comprising of Government, Industry and Educational feedback
- Public consultation: December 2020 – February 2020
- Stakeholder Forum: January 2021. Date and location to be advised
The report will be finalised in the first quarter of 2021.
As of December 2020, ARONAH would like to formally invite all interested members of the community to give feedback on the below questions as part of the public consultation process. This will be enormously helpful for informing the final report.
The questions are also in the linked word document below. ARONAH would appreciate all feedback to be submitted by 5th February 2021, in Word or PDF format, via email to:
info @ ARONAH.org
The current ARONAH naturopathy education standards can be found here: ARONAH education standards
Public consultation questions:
1. On review of the current Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards, what amendments, inclusions or exclusions do you recommend be made for the revised standards? Please specify the standard and your recommendation/s in your response (For example – Standard 5, Recommendation…).
2. To ensure that the curriculum content comprehensively addresses developments in the field of naturopathy and client population needs, what specific content should be included in naturopathic education programs? (Refer to Standard 5, 5.7, 5.8, and 5.9). Please include recommendations for content that is not included in the current Accreditation Standards and/or content that you consider is no longer relevant to naturopathic education in Australia.
3. Is there any additional information or recommendations you would like to provide in relation to future Naturopathic Education Accreditation Standards and criteria to meet the needs of the naturopathic profession in Australia with consideration to the evolving practice and education landscape?
Download these questions in a word document for ease of submission
Thank you so much for your valued contribution to this important work.